Friday, September 8, 2017

Feast of Nativity of BVM .......Celebration in General Curia!!!!!

 On Our Lady's birthday the Church celebrates the first dawning of redemption with the appearance in the world of the Savior's mother, Mary. The Blessed Virgin occupies a unique place in the history of salvation, and she has the highest mission ever commended to any creature. We rejoice that the Mother of God is our Mother, too. Let us often call upon the Blessed Virgin as "Cause of our joy", one of the most beautiful titles in her litany.

  Mary's birth was insignificant, the ordinary birth of an ordinary baby girl to ordinary parents, Joachim and Anne. But in God's plan, Mary's birth was crucial in God's salvific plan for humankind. "Preserved from all stain of original sin from the first moment of her conception," the maiden Mary, "full of grace," was in the "fullness of time" chosen to be the Mother of the Son of the Most High.


  We rejoice and celebrate Mary's birth as the "new beginning" of the dignity and vocation of women. Mary's Fiat at the annunciation and her Magnificat at the visitation summarize her generous response to God.




 “In dangers, in difficulties, in doubts, I will always think of you, O Mary, I will always call on you. May your name, O Virgin Mary, be always on my lips and never leave my heart; in order that I may obtain the help of your prayers, grant that I may never lose sight of the example of your life. Following you, O Mary, I shall not go astray, thinking of you I shall not err, if you support me I shall not fall, if you protect me I shall have nothing to fear, if you accompany me I shall not grow weary, if you look upon me with favor, I shall reach the port” (cf. St. Bernard).


No comments: