Thursday, October 2, 2014

Happy Gandhi Jayanti - Father of our Nation - India


Today our beloved   He stood like a strong wall against the rule and fought a fight with conviction and faith in God. He demonstrated an inner spirit which inspired millions of young and old to join his movement. The path that he chose was not an easy one but with strong belief in him and those who followed him saw that India got its independence. A man deeply spiritual and God fearing led a movement which did not have access to violence but non-violence. He inspired so many to continue even today this movement of non-violence. Many fell in love with his simple life style and a great philosophy, which even today attracts millions of souls.


Nation celebrates “Gandhi Jayanti”. It is a day to thank him for all that he has done and achieved through his selfless service. Today many will remember his sacrifices to liberate the country from the British rule.
As a child I was always fascinated by his story and the various achievements that he accomplished would make me to think to be like him. Unfortunately, the school and the society did not promote much about him. We could get to read and hear about him only on 2nd October. But if one wanted to know more about him and spread his good philosophy and spirituality, there was a lot of literature around one could get hold on. I have read some of them, which even today I can remember.  And as a student on the Independence Day I was asked by my class teacher to deliver a speech, which was written by the teacher. I by hearted it over a week and delivered it without any fear and hesitation. But the love for the father of Nation motivated me to do so.
Some three years ago while travelling in a train in Italy, I met a gentleman who had studied Indian philosophy questioned me about Gandhian spirituality and Philosophy. I was ashamed that I did not know as much as he knew about Gandhi. He bombarded me with valid and significant questions about Gandhiji’s spirituality, which could be a big solution for the troubled and fragmented world. I did agree with the gentleman. Before he alighted the train, he said with a smile that the Indians are fortunate to have the Treasure of Gandhijis spirituality. He said that the Indian government can lead the whole world to achieve peace and equality in the world. Smiling back at him I nodded my head in approval. We Indians got to spread this spirituality of M. Gandhi through our lives.


No comments: