Monday, November 23, 2015

Fear Kills........silently

Aftermath of Paris terrorist attack, there is fear all over the world. The incidents that took place after the Paris attack has done a lot of harm to the world and society a large. Fear is lurking. People do show that they are frightened and don't know what is going to happen. The fear that is little is increased by constant information by social media. The TV news are full of information and they communicate what is going to happen in the future. People are confused and just don't want to go out.  Fear of anything can kill anyone in silence. Fear of death is highest and strongest one. Who would like to die like in the terrorist attack. Those who believe that life is God's gift and it has a mission to fulfill would not like to die in a cowardly act of terrorism. 


I have this fear in me. I travelled from Rome to Dusseldorf on Saturday. I was full of fear of what is going to happen, how the security will handle me.....how the people are going to look at me, the fact that i am an Indian. All these thoughts filled my mind with terrible fear. At the airport it went on well. The security people were very gentle and kind. No one looked at me suspiciously but the fear which got into me two days before robbed me of my peace and sleep. 

The fear of being interrogated at Dusseldorf airport occupied my mind in the flight. Two hours of flight but i did not enjoy as i was worried about the security. I knew deep down in my heart that there is nothing going to happen. But the human mind simply just goes on thinking and unnecessarily brings disturbance. Imagine it is happening to me, a consecrated and Ordained priests. What about the ordinary people who have a little spiritual formation and background. We, who are trained in so many sciences in our formation houses and yet we reel under this fear which robs you of many precious things. The first thing that fear does is to think negative about the other. To think that the other one is bad and planning some negative things against you.

No comments: