Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter Tuesday.......

The friars from Curia who had gone for some Easter Ministry are returning now.....The General Minister along with the Vicar General left for Bulgaria this morning for a canonical visit. They left this morning.....most of the Councilors are already in their respective areas....I am getting ready to fly to India for the Chapters in Karnataka and Pavanatma........The climate here in Italy is very good....it is primavera......beautiful....
Mary stood weeping outside the tomb, and as she wept she bent down to look inside; she saw two angels in white sitting where the body of Jesus had been, one at the head, and the other at the feet. They said, “Woman, why are you weeping?” She answered, “Because they have taken my Lord and I don’t know where they have put him.”







As she said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not recognize him. Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Who are you looking for?” She thought it was the gardener and answered him, “Lord, if you have taken him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will go and remove him.”



Jesus said to her, “Mary.” She turned and said to him, “Rabboni” – which means, Master.  Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me; you see I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them: I am ascending to my Father, who is your Father, to my God, who is your God.”


So Mary of Magdala went and announced to the disciples, “I have seen the Lord, and this is what he said to me.” 



How many times have we failed to recognize the presence of the Lord in our lives?  More often than not, when things do not go our way, our immediate reaction is to think that God has abandoned us.  We let our emotions and anxiety take over.  We forget to pray.  We even blame God for what seems to be a setback.  We lose faith. Then, as our senses return and we are able to think better, we discover that it was actually a blessing in disguise.  We had to face the trial to enable us to become better people and to achieve a better ending.  Only then did we realize that "it was the Lord!"   

No comments: