Tuesday, December 20, 2016

The age of Twitter and Face book!!!!

I am active on the twitter and Face book since for some times and i enjoy every bit of it. It connects me with people and friends whom i know and I don't know. I get to hear, see and read about these lovely people out there. I interact through digital way and share experiences of life and even go to the past to remember some beautiful moments. I feel close to them and feel confident to share with them, But for sometimes now i have been thinking and reflecting about the time and energy i spent to get connected and communicate with these lovely people out there, who are not close to me but miles and miles away. I have realised that sometimes it brings anxiety and emotional disturbances too. It has been also moments of growth too. To give one example of my college days in Mumbai. I had a circle of friends from different religions and spent a lot of time together. They all knew that i was a seminarian and was preparing to be a priest. These friends of mine accepted and treated me with respect and honour. Never ever they spoke or said something that was vulgar or in bad taste. i was just wondering how could these guys have so much respect for me. Over the years i forgot all about them and their importance in my life. They really helped me to grow and have a positive outlook towards life. In the college they did protect me, like we watched films which were good ones, visited places and restaurant which were safe places to be in. They even spent money for me. 





One of these guys met me recently on the facebook and he reminded me of those beautiful days in the college. I began to shed tears of joy and got back into the past experiences. How stupid i had been to forget these lovely human beings in my life. it was the social media that connected me to them. They are all married and doing well for themselves. Some of them are setteled abroad and most of them in Bombay.....one or two have been dead too.....but the thought of all these guys filled up my mind with sweet memories of the past......now i am connected to them but they are not physically close to me.......i am now wondering whether is it ok to get connected to them and be in communication most of the time while neglecting those with whom i live presently and who are physically close to me. I can share with these friends but sometimes find difficult to share with those living with me. I cannot listen or be with them when they need. I forget their moments of joy and celebration but i remember those who are far away from me.....
I think it is good to be in communicatation with those who are close and live with you.....listen and share experiences with them....this doesn't mean we should neglect friends outside.....

No comments: